Dwarf Umbrella Tree (Schefflera arboricola)
- Hardy, slow growing, native, attractive foliage plant with tough, shiny foliage that radiates from a central point and has the appearance of an umbrella.
- Use indoors, on a verandah or outdoor in a very protected spot.
- Position: full shade, dapple light or indoors in a well lit room.
- Water requirements: moderate. Allow plant to dry out in between watering during the colder months and keep moist (but not soaked) during the warmer months.
- Size: can reach 1.5 metres in height and 1 metre in height. Tips can be pruned in spring to keep the plant lush and bushy or to maintain the desired size and shape.
- Fertilise monthly during the warmer months with a weak dilution of liquid fertiliser.