Kentia Palm (Howea Forsteriana)
- Stately, spreading palm with large, dark green, feather like fronds supported by long, slender stems.
- Use indoors and in conservatories.
- Position: prefers a well lit room in a draught free position. Use a premium potting mix.
- Water requirements: allow plant to dry out between watering during the colder months and keep moist during the warmer months. Do not let the plant sit in water for extended periods of time.
- Size:can reach 2.5 metres with a span of 2 metres.
- Fertilise every 3 weeks during summer and autumn with a weak dilution of liquid fertiliser. Repot in spring when the roots fill the pot (usually every 2-3 years).