Parlour Palm (Chamaedorea elegans)
- Sturdy, fast growing, graceful, small, clumping palm with feather-like fronds and thin, green stems. Produces sprays of small, ball-like, yellow flowers in spring.
- Use indoors, in conservatories or in terrariums.
- Position: prefers a well lit room but will tolerate lower levels of natural light. Place in a draught free area. Use premium potting mix.
- Water requirements: moderate. Allow plant to dry out in between watering in winter and keep moist during the warmer months.
- Size: can reach 1metre in height and approximately 60-70cm in width. Plant can be divided and repotted in spring if necessary.
- Fertilise monthly with a weak dilution of liquid fertiliser during the warm season.