Dwarf Box (Buxus suffruticosa)
- Small, slow growing evergreen sturdy shrub.
- Useful for low hedges, borders or topiary. Can be grown in pots.
- Position: full sun, part shade to shade. Tolerates coastal conditions.
- Water requirements: low once established. Keep moist during dry spells.
- Size: can reach 60-70 cm in height and width. Prune in late winter and late summer. Plant 20-30 cm apart to create a dense hedge.
- Application of garden lime at the base of the plant in winter will improve the health and appearance of the plant.