English Box (Buxus sempervirens)
- Sturdy shrub with dark green oval-shaped leaves.
- Useful for hedges, low hedges, borders, topiary. Can be grown in pots.
- Position: full sun, part shade to shade.
- Water requirements: low once established. Keep moist during dry spells.Tolerates coastal conditions.
- Size: can reach 2 metres in 10 years. Prune in late winter and late summer. Plant 20-30 cm apart for a dense hedge.
- Application of garden lime at the base of the plant in winter will improve the health and appearance of the plant.