Mondo Grass Black (Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens')
- Hardy, low maintenance, evergreen, running grass with black to dark purple leaves. Soft lilac, bell-shaped flowers appear in spring.
- Use in rockeries, in general landscaping, in vertical gardens, in pots, in Japanese gardens, as a border or as a ground cover.
- Position: full sun to part shade in well drained soils. Use a premium potting mix if grown in pots.
- Water requirements: low once established. Keep moist during hot and dry periods.
- Size: can reach 25cm in height and 25cm in width.
- Fertilise in spring with a slow release general purpose fertiliser.